Finding the right gift for a weekend adventurer can pose a real challenge. Trends and styles evolve quickly in lifestyle sports, and a person’s product needs change with the seasons. We’ve narrowed down your list with five great items that appeal to outdoorsy, sporty folks of all ages and abilities. The real challenge will be deciding which gift to keep for yourself.
1. Fjällräven Greenland Winter Jacket: The Swedish apparel manufacturer tests its clothing in the polar tundra near the Arctic Circle, where subzero temperatures and howling winds are the wintertime norm. The Greenland Winter Jacket passed Fjällräven’s tests, thanks to its thick windproof shell and a warm pile fleece interior. It’s also a classic and stylish piece that blends with jeans or ski pants. If the coat survived Scandinavia’s harshest climate, then wintertime Buffalo or Chicago should be a piece of cake. $350.00FJALLRAVEN.US
2. Timbuk2 x Blue Bottle Travel Kit: Perfect for the coffee aficionado on the go, Timbuk2’s canvas and leather kit includes a mini hand grinder, travel coffee dripper, two tumblers, 100 compostable filters and a sample of Blue Bottle Coffee’s Three Africans drip blend. The bag is small enough for carryon luggage, but big enough to bring along for a day trip or picnic. Urban travelers, car campers and even road trippers rejoice—you’re freed from the horrors of gas station grind. $179.00 BLUEBOTTLECOFFEE.COM
3. Revo Otis: Some fashion trends never go out of style. The Otis’ classic but curvaceous square-shape frame blends retro 1960’s cool with contemporary technology—like an original Ford Mustang with new muscle under the hood. The High-Contrast polarized Serilium lenses adapt to changing light and block all UV rays from burning the retina. The all-around outdoorsman can sport these shades anywhere—from the ski slopes to the local fishing hole. $189.00 REVO.COM
4. Photojojo iPhone Super Kit: Smartphone cameras have turned everyone into an armchair photographer. Photojojo’s snap-on lenses take your skills to the next level. The six-piece iPhone Super Kit includes pro-quality fisheye, super fisheye, telephoto, wide angle, macro, and polarized lenses. Each kit comes with an adhesive magnetic fastener, which sticks onto your phone’s camera. The magnetic lenses then easily snap onto the phone, transforming it into a DSLR camera and you into Ansel Adams. Your Instagram followers will burn with jealousy. $115.00 PHOTOJOJO.COM
5. SmartWool Cozy Flip Mitt: Flip-top gloves are a mainstay in the wintertime arsenal, but SmartWool’s Cozy Flips provide a new take on an old design. Touch screen-friendly knit allows for easy thumbing on a smart phone, and the marled yarn blend utilizes the company’s proprietary Merino blend that is itch-free and resistant to shrinking. And of course, a quick flip of the top allows your fingers to grip a cold beer or hot chocolate. Consider it the stocking stuffer that is practical and stylish. $40.00 SMARTWOOL.COM
What’s on your list? Use #giftofclarity and tag us @REVOSUNGLASSES on Instagram for a chance to win free shades!